Not having the need to think twice before I put anything in my mouth back in highschool, the freshman fifteen of college was a big surprise. Now college behind me and keeping busy with a job I’m not crazy about, I find myself gaining more and more weight. This crazy shit is unstoppable. The gates are open now and there’s no way to stop the flood of weight!
Thinking about all the times LeK and I tried to do the “South Beach” diet, the Cookie Diet (or in my case, it was the mini snickers diet- but instead of 1 cookie per meal, I opted out for a bag of snickers per snack) or every time I swore to myself that this time I’d go to the gym regularly, I’ve discovered the following about myself:
1. I have absolutely no will power
2. I can get extremely creative in finding excuses not to go to the gym
3. I can even injure myself and stay injured not go to the gym
4. I hate pointlessly running or moving on/with a machine
5. I don’t care much about my health, which is incredibly stupid of me. Unless I have a more aesthetic incentive at mind (i.e. like needing to go to the beach in a tiny bikini in a few months), I have no desire to get up and be active.
6. There’s a positive correlation between how much I want to go the gym (despite my lack of will power) and how good my boyfriend looks
7. Going shopping is the last thing I want to do when I realize I’ve gained weight. The realization itself creates more frustration, leading to more ice cream.. Damn you vicious cycle
But I’m hopeful this time. Since I’ve identified these problems, now I can think of ways to circumvent them. My first plan of attack is to convince a friend to become my gym buddy..
LeK, I wish we were still roommates. I feel you could drag me to the gym..